Our skin does so much more than provide a protective covering for our body. It reflects what is going on inside and largely helps our outer beauty to shine through. The condition of our skin reflects what we put on the inside as well as what we use on the outside. We all desire an unblemished skin and a radiant appearance. Skin health is not a one-sided affair. It depends on your overall health. Covering up a blemish with cosmetics will only provide temporary beauty. What you want is a skin that will remain radiant even when you choose to go without makeup. Dermatologists have conducted many studies aimed at understanding the science of the skin even more. Results have consistently shown that factors such as our lifestyle, diet, work, environmental factors and even the things we use on our skin all have a negative or positive impact. Stress, dehydration, poor nutrition, smoking, alcohol indulgence are also factors that can affect the health of your skin. If your skin is looking dry and dull, and you have to deal with skin cracks or even pimples, it’s time to take a holistic approach to making your skin look clean and healthy. Piling on cosmetic after cosmetic may just make the situation worst. Here are seven tips that will help you acquire the unblemished skin you desire.
1. Cleanse and Exfoliate with Simple Natural Products
If your skin is showing signs of distress, its best to lay off commercial cosmetics and opt to use some natural products to nurse it back to health. Tea tree oil had proven to be one of the most beneficial natural products in holistic skin care. It is great for treating acne and other problems your skin may be displaying. Tea tree oil is pretty strong and a little goes a long way.
Homemade scrubs are super fantastic. They are cheap, made from stuff you have in cupboard, fridge and fruit bowl and is an all-natural treat for your skin. You can make a banana brown sugar scrub, ground almond scrub or even baking soda scrub and add some honey as to help nourish the skin. Make your scrub and apply to your skin for five minutes.
Apple cider vinegar is rich in antioxidants that help the skin stay clean and clear. It is mild enough to be applied to your skin every night before bedtime, and can be added to your scrubs to help exfoliate dead cells that case your skin to appear dull.
Yeast, believe it or not, is another great natural product that will help you get that clean, clear, healthy skin that you desire. Mix with milk or water to create a paste and apply to the face before you go to sleep. In the morning, use a washcloth and warm water to carefully remove the paste from the skin.
Salt also joins the rank of natural ingredients around the home that is great for the skin. It is great for exfoliating, and makes an excellent cleanser when combined with olive oil.
2. Drink a Lot of Water A buildup of toxins in the body can manifest itself through the skin. Acne breakouts, blotches, darkening of the skin and other breakouts may be indicators that you body is struggling with excessive toxins. You may even feel sluggish, lethargic and tired without knowing what is causing it. Drinking sufficient water each day can help you overcome all of this. The body needs the water to flush out toxins, which are byproducts of the foods you eat as well as the chemical processes that occur in your body.
3. Avoid Long Hot Baths Soaps are commonly made of ingredients that will cause your skin to dry out by removing protective oils. It’s best not to take long soaks in hot soapy water.
4. Use Herbal Products Herbs such as chamomile, peppermint and lavender are great for keeping the skin nice and clear. Use them for facial saunas and compliment with natural skin moisturizers, as these will help to remove dead cells.
5. Protect Your Skin from the Sun The sun can be harsh on the skin. Be sure to apply sunscreen to your skin during the summer. A shot glass of sunscreen is enough for your body and a teaspoon for your face. Reapply every one to two hours for maximum protection while in the sun.
6. Tone Oily Skin with Witch Hazel Oily skin is prone to clog and break out in blackheads and blemishes. Cleanse your skin properly and apply some witch hazel before putting on your moisturizer. Witch hazel helps to tone and refine the skin.
7. Get Enough Rest Your body needs as much rest as it does exercise. Get adequate rest and allow your body to rejuvenate. Your skin will thank you for it. Skin care is a daily event, so do not neglect to give your skin some daily TLC.